Mallorca is an island that has it all: sun, beach, nature, culture, and gastronomy. But it is also a paradise for golf enthusiasts, who can enjoy more than 20 high quality courses scattered throughout the island. For this and many other reasons, Mallorca has become a reference for golf in Europe and the world, creating its own brand: Mallorca Golf Island.
What is Mallorca Golf Island?
Mallorca Golf Island is an association that brings together the main golf courses and hotels on the island with the aim of promoting the destination and offering visitors a unique and luxurious experience.
New additions to Mallorca Golf Island
At Mallorca Golf Island we never stop working to grow and improve the island’s offer and this year we have been able to incorporate two new golf courses and nine hotels. In this way, at Mallorca Golf Island we are expanding our variety and quality, adapting to the needs and preferences of all golfers.
Pula Golf and Golf Pollensa, two courses with their own personality.
Pula Golf is an 18-hole, par 72 course, that was founded in 1995 and completely redesigned by the champion José María Olazábal between 2004 and 2006. Pula Golf is a long and demanding course, which has hosted several international and professional tournaments, such as the Mallorca Classic of the European Tour.
The course stands out for its design, which allows you to see the green from the tee on 14 holes and from the second shot on the remaining four. It also has a hotel, a restaurant, a golf academy and a spa.
Golf Pollensa is a course of 9 holes, par 35, which was designed by José Gancedo and inaugurated in 1986. Golf Pollensa aims to bring golf to locals and visitors, complementing the tourist offer of one of Mallorca’s most beautiful and popular municipalities.
The course is characterized by two of the longest holes on the island and spectacular views of the Tramuntana mountains, Puig de Maria and the bay of Pollença. As if that were not enough, the course has a hotel, a restaurant, a golf academy and a store.
Nine new luxury hotels for accommodation and relaxation
On the other hand, to complete the offer, this 2024 nine new hotels have been incorporated to Mallorca Golf Island. Here are all the details.
- Diamant Hotel & Aparthotel: an elegant 4-star hotel in Cala Ratjada, ideal for golfers. It features superb facilities and a peaceful central location, close to golf courses and beaches. Its modern rooms, 25 metre heated indoor pool and exquisite spa make it the perfect choice for combining golf and relaxation.
- Fergus Style Tobago: a 5-star hotel in Palmanova that has it all: sun, beach, large swimming pools and solarium terraces overlooking the sea, lively bars, exclusive restaurants and spaces with attention to detail. A hotel to enjoy a luxury holiday and an unbeatable memory.
- Inmood Aucanada: a 4-star hotel located in Aucanada, an idyllic and peaceful location on the Mediterranean coast, with a traditional Mallorcan atmosphere. The hotel offers the perfect balance between active relaxation for lovers of the Mediterranean diet and outdoor activities. A timeless place, where to learn about the history of Aucanada and a hotel that opened its doors in 1930.
- Hotel Melbeach & Spa: a 4-star adults-only hotel in Canyamel, with an excellent beachfront location. The hotel offers you a unique experience, immerse yourself in an oasis of relaxation, comfort and exclusivity, with 4 golf courses less than 10 minutes away by car.
- Secrets Mallorca Villamil Resort & Spa: a 5-star adults-only hotel in Peguera, ideally located by the sea, in a castle-style building. The hotel invites you to take a luxury getaway in one of the best spa hotels in Mallorca, offering unique sophistication and luxurious holidays.
- Steigenberger Golf & Spa Resort Camp de Mar: a 5-star hotel in Camp de Mar, with 164 rooms with balcony or terrace, designed for your well-being. Enjoy the Mediterranean atmosphere, the views of the golf course, the sea, the pool area or the garden.
- Hotel Villa Sirena: a 4-star hotel in Cala Figuera, located on the front line of the picturesque bay. The hotel offers you an exclusive experience, immerse yourself in an oasis of tranquillity and comfort, with 4 golf courses just 30 minutes away by car.
- Zafiro Palace Alcudia: a 5-star hotel in Alcúdia, near the Alcanada Golf Club. This luxury hotel offers 369 suites overlooking the beautiful common areas of the resort. The high quality of its themed restaurants, different swimming pools and spa area, make the hotel a unique place to enjoy after a day of golf.
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime: a 4-star hotel in Santa Ponsa near the Bendinat Royal Golf Course and just a few minutes from 11 other golf courses on the island. It enjoys an excellent location overlooking the sea and has 416 comfortable rooms, a great gastronomic offer, swimming pools and spa where you can relax after a day of golf.
Mallorca, the best place to play golf in 2024
Mallorca Golf Island is the perfect destination for golf lovers who will be able to practise their favourite sport in dream courses less than an hour’s drive away from each other; stay in luxury hotels and enjoy everything the island has to offer: nice weather, beaches, nature, culture, and gastronomy.